Understand the symptoms and diagnosis of genital herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by the herpes simplex virus. About 25% of the total population of the country is affected by this disease. It is more common in women, and you may understand the symptoms through the genital herpes photos available on the Internet, though, in most cases, there will be no symptoms at all.
STD is transmitted mostly through vaginal, oral, or anal sex. There are cases where the virus is passed through the liquid from the sores or blisters in the affected person. The common causes are:
- Contact with herpes sores and blisters
- Sexual contact or skin-to-skin contact with an infected person
- Having an active and unsafe sex life
- An unhygienic lifestyle may lead any of the HSV1 and HSV2 to affect someone.
People can recognize the general symptoms by having a look at genital herpes photos over the Internet. The symptoms that are observed include:
- Tingling, itching and burning sensations over the vaginal or anal areas
- Appearance of swollen glands and painful urination
- Emergence of sores and blisters or even painful ulcers all over the genital area
- Fever and other flu-like symptoms
The symptoms are more severe and pronounced during the first outbreak. The first outbreak occurs in two weeks after contracting the virus. In some cases, it may not occur until even several months to several years. In case you are in doubt, check genital herpes photos to perceive the disease better.
After conducting a thorough physical examination, the doctor may perform a few laboratory tests. A blood test for HSV antibodies may be done to make sure whether you were affected earlier with this infection. Viral culture test of your genital tissues may detect the infection of HSV virus in your body. Polymerase chain reaction may also be conducted to determine the presence of HSV virus in your body.
Since there is no cure for the condition, knowing about the disease through its literature and related genital herpes photos is essential so that you can take necessary precautions to manage the condition.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate