Learn the treatment methods of AIDS HIV
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is the virus that is responsible for causing Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The virus interferes with the immune system or the self-defense mechanism of the body, thereby reducing its ability to fight any infections. It makes the body susceptible to all kind of infections, which might turn severe and even cause death. Effective HIV medication is of utmost importance to manage the condition.
Methods of treatment
There have been several advancements in the field of medicine, but still, there is no definite cure or accurate HIV medication for HIV/AIDS. The steps for the treatment of HIV/AIDS are as described below.
- Antiretroviral therapy: The antiretroviral therapy (ART) is the best-known way to treat HIV/AIDS. All the medicines that come under the category of HIV medication are known as the antiretroviral drugs. Each of the drugs has a different way of fighting the virus in the body. These drugs are divided into certain broad categories, which are as follows:
- Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) disable a protein, which is required by HIV to make copies.
- Nucleoside or nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) are the faulty or wrong versions of the building blocks, which are required by HIV to make copies.
- Protease inhibitors (PIs) disable the protein protease, which HIV needs to make its copies.
- Entry or fusion inhibitors are the drugs that block the entry of HIV into CD4 cells. The CD4 cells are the most important component of the body’s immune system.
- Integrase inhibitors are the drugs that disable the protein integrase, which is used by HIV to insert its genetic material into CD4 cells.
The drugs mentioned above for HIV medication should be taken in a proper combination for an effective treatment.
- Opportunistic infection and diet: Precautionary measures should be taken for the prevention of any opportunistic infections. These are the complications that arise due to a weakened immune system. A proper and a balanced diet is recommended with all the essential micronutrients for effective treatment of HIV/AIDS.
Since there is no definite cure for HIV/AIDS, the treatment therapy should be done properly and necessary precautions should be taken to lead a life as close as normal.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate