Here are a few common causes and symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a disease where the body loses its ability to metabolize glucose. It is a chronic condition and has no cure. However, effective treatment options are now available for proper management of the disease.
Type 2 diabetes is a progressive disease and needs careful management to avoid complications. A typical type 2 diabetes treatment plan can include medicines, insulin therapy, a healthy diet, and exercise.
When the body becomes resistant to insulin or when the insulin production stops, it results in type 2 diabetes. The exact reason for why this occurs is not yet known. But genes and obesity can be contributing factors.
When there is a problem with insulin production and blood sugar levels, timely treatment of type 2 diabetes can help delay or prevent complications.
Type 2 diabetes symptoms can develop gradually over the years. For this reason, some people may not even know if they have the condition. But this can be dangerous as it can cause a delay in the type 2 diabetes treatment for those people and even worsen their condition.
- Excessive thirst and urination are common side effects of diabetes. Due to excess blood sugar, tissues can lose fluids and cause thirst. With a frequent need for hydration comes the need to urinate frequently.
- Unexplained fatigue can result from diabetes as cells don’t get enough glucose for their sustenance.
- There is increased hunger as cells lack fuel. Diabetes also causes weight loss because when cells don’t receive glucose, the body begins to utilize stored fat in the muscles.
- Blurred vision can occur as the body can extract fluid from the eyes. It occurs due to elevated blood sugar levels.
- There is an increased risk of infections, and there would be slow healing of wounds and cuts as type 2 diabetes can adversely affect the body’s capability to heal.
If you have any two symptoms, there is a chance that you could have diabetes. Depending on the severity of the condition, you may need diabetes medications to bring down your blood sugar within normal range. With time, it is possible to manage the condition through a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate