Frequent Urination Problems in Women – Causes and Treatment
Frequent urination refers to the need for emptying the bladder more than or at least eight times in one day. It can occur in both men and women due to many different reasons.
Frequent urination problem in women is quite common. It can occur due to other medical conditions.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a leading cause of frequent urination problem. UTI can occur due to bacterial infection in the bladder. The infection itself can occur due to reasons such as frequent dehydration, not emptying the bladder on time, improper wiping of the genitals, pregnancy, sexual intercourse, and diabetes.
- Overactive bladder (OAB) is also a common cause of frequent urination problem. OAB in women can occur due to lack of estrogen from menopause, excess weight, neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis and injuries.
- Weak pelvic muscles can cause poor bladder functions. This, in turn, can increase a women’s need to urinate. Pelvic muscles in women can become weak after pregnancy or in old age.
- Diabetes increases the need to urinate as the body attempts to remove excess glucose inside the body.
- Interstitial cystitis is a condition that causes pain in the pelvic region and the bladder. The reason for this condition is not known, but it leads to frequent urination.
- Pregnancy can increase the need to urinate during the entire duration of the term. The growing uterine wall presses against the bladder; causing women to urinate more often than usual.
- Bladder stones, cancer, and radiation therapy can also lead to frequent urination.
Treatment for frequent urination problem involves taking care of the underlying cause for the same.
- If the cause is OAB, your doctor may recommend diet modifications and exercises to strengthen bladder muscles. The latter applies to weak pelvic muscles also.
- A course of antibiotics can treat UTI and give relief from frequent urination problems.
- Your doctor can help you keep diabetes under control to reduce urinary frequency.
Frequent urination problem can be very uncomfortable. But with lifestyle changes and therapies, it is possible to manage and treat it.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate