Causes of frequent urination problems in men
Urinary problems in men are quite common. These problems can range from frequent urination to pain in the bladder and overactive bladder.
Frequent urination is when you need to empty the bladder more than (at least) eight times in a day. Frequent urination problem is also associated with the urgency to empty the bladder. This is medically referred to as an overactive bladder (OAB). In OAB, frequent urination is a problem rather than a symptom of another disease.
Frequent urination problems can occur due to many medical conditions. These can range from minor to major health concerns.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI): Any infections in the urinary tract can lead to frequent urination. The infection is accompanied by abdominal discomfort or pain and fever.
- Prostate problems: When the prostate becomes enlarged, it can push against the urethra wall and impede urine flow. The urethra is the thin tube that transfers urine out of the bladder. With the constant pressing of the urethra, the bladder begins to contract even with little urine present inside it. The contractions cause frequent urge to urinate.
- Diuretic use: Medicines that treat high blood pressure and some kidney problems like fluid buildup can cause frequent urination in men.
- Diabetes: Frequent urination problem can be a symptom of diabetes (both type 1 and type 2). Large amounts of urine can occur due to diabetes as the body eliminates unused glucose through the urination process.
- Neurological problems: Any neurological damage or problems such as a stroke can cause bladder function disorders. Multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injuries often cause frequent urination. These problems can cause the nerves associated with the bladder to malfunction.
- Bladder cancer: Urination frequency can increase when the bladder is damaged due to cancerous cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation treatment for any cancer can lead to frequent urination. However, this is not very common.
- Bladder dysfunction: When any bladder problem occurs, often it can lead to frequent urination problem.
Frequent urination is treatable with the help of medications, surgeries and diet modifications. Your doctor can recommend a treatment plan based on your health needs.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate