A few common types of pancreatic cancer and their possible treatments
Every pancreatic cancer patient has different health problems. The type of pancreatic cancer varies from person to person. The pain that is an indication of the particular type of cancer starts in the upper abdominal pain. The pancreas has two different kinds of cells: the endocrine cells and the exocrine cells. Both of these perform different functions. Cancer in pancreas only happens when there is an abnormal growth of cells that grow to form a tumor.
There are two main types of cancer that might occur in the pancreas, namely endocrine cancer and exocrine cancer. Further, there are sub-divisions of pancreatic cancer. After a prolonged research, the types of pancreatic cancer that had been found are as follows:
- Ductal adenocarcinoma: This is the most common type of cancer that occurs from the cells in the lining of the pancreatic ducts.
- Ampullary cancer: This type of cancerous cell develops in the ampulla (the joining point of the pancreatic duct and bile) and enters the duodenum.
- Cystic tumors: Cancerous-fluid filled sacks in the pancreas are the cause of this type of cancer.
- Acinar cell carcinomas: This type of cancer develops in the lymphatic tissues of the pancreas and is commonly observed.
- Neuroendocrine tumors: This type of tumor cells begin forming in the endocrine cells, where other hormones and insulin are made.
The treatment of pancreatic cancer depends on many factors such as the size of the tumor, its malignancy, the general health of the patient, and whether it is the first time that the patient has developed cancer cells or it has reoccurred. Also, it ‘s hard to detect pancreatic cancer. But once it is detected, it can be treated with chemotherapy, surgical removal of the tumor, biopsy, laparoscopy, PTC treatment, and even ERCP.
There is no proper assurance given to anyone whether pancreatic cancer would be cured or not, but there are several ways in which the cancerous tissues can be kept under control and treated.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate